DEQ Home > BizHelp
DEQ is committed to working with Utah companies to ensure the ongoing protection of public health and the environment. DEQ's Business Assistance Program provides Utah companies with resources for improving their long-term environmental performance, increasing regulatory compliance, and obtaining required environmental permits.
DEQ business recognition programs include the Utah Clean Air Partnership (UCAIR), a statewide effort to improve Utah's air quality, and Clean Utah that recognizes companies for implementing multi-media environmental improvement projects that go beyond regulatory requirements.
Business resources includes the Green Makes Business $ense program that provides companies with strategies to use raw materials, energy, water, and other natural resources more efficiently while saving money.
- Auto Body Shops
- Construction and Best Management Practices
- Dry Cleaning Operations
- Hospitals and Health Care Systems
- Metal Finishers
- Oil and Gas Industry BMPs
- Surface Coating Operations
- Environmental Checklist
- Adopting a Recycling Program
- Adopting a Sustainability Program
- Adopting a Environmentally Preferable Purchasing Program
- Converting to Reusable Transport Packaging
- Creating Green Teams In Your Facility
- AAA Auto Club
- Intermountain Healthcare | Central Laundry | Energy Efficiency Projects | Supply Chain Center
- Lorraine Press
- Orbit Irrigation
- Utah Food Services
Compliance Assistance resources includes the Division of Air Quality's Environmental Assistance Program that helps small businesses with permitting, regulatory, and pollution prevention issues; Small Business Compliance Advisory Panel that advises and monitors Air Quality's Environmental Assistance Program; and Division of Environmental Response and Remediation information on how to report environmental spills and comply with reporting requirements of Emergency Planning and Community Right-to-Know Act of 1986 (EPCRA).
- Air Quality Self-audit for Small Business
- Common Compliance Problems
- Compliance Advisory Panel and Ombudsman
- Division of Air Quality's Small Business Environmental Assistance Program
- Division of Solid and Hazardous Waste: Used Oil, Mercury, E-Waste, and Used Tires
- Division of Solid and Hazardous Waste Checklist
- Reporting Spills
- Small Business Assistance
- Tier II Chemical Inventory
- Toxic Release Inventory
Environmental Permits resources includes information on how to schedule a Pre-design Meeting to introduce your new business to DEQ's permitting process and information on DEQ's environmental permits that are required if your company releases pollutants to the air, land, or water, or if you store, treat, or dispose of hazardous or solid wastes.