Left Nav Placeholder.

Financial Assistance

Permit Wizard



Public Notices





What You Can Do

About DEQ


DEQ Issues

DEQ Home > Records Request

Records Request

Government Records Access and Management Act (GRAMA)


The Department of Environmental Quality places a high priority on assisting the public when requesting to view our public files. The Government Records Access and Management Act (GRAMA) requires that we respond to a request within ten working days of its receipt.

Request Records

| Air Quality | Department | Drinking Water | Environmental Response & Remediation |
| Radiation Control | Solid & Hazardous Waste | Water Quality |
Other |


GRAMA 63-2-204 requires that a person making a request for a record shall furnish the governmental entity with a written request containing a name, mailing address, daytime phone number, if available, and a description of the records with reasonable specificity.

Complete a GRAMA request form for either the Department or a specific Division. If you know the Division in which the records are located, you may contact that Division's GRAMA file clerk directly. Division GRAMA file clerks will locate the requested files, if they exist, and then contact the requestor.

In some rare cases, where there is deemed to be sensitive content, a GRAMA request may be denied by Department management. DEQ also has a growing number of public files available online:

| Electronic Documents | Interactive Map |

Department of Environmental Quality

If you have questions about this process, or if you require information that is Department-wide or may cross Divisions, contact:

Laurie Leib: 801-536-4440 | DEQ Information Request Form

Division of Air Quality

Teri Weiss: 801-536-4183 | DAQ Information Request Form

Division of Drinking Water

Melissa Copfer: 801-536-4224 | DDW Information Request Form

Division of Environmental Response and Remediation

Linda Gould: 801-536-0026 | DERR Information Request Form | Electronic Documents

Division of Radiation Control

Shaun Buttars: 801-536-4184 | DRC Information Request Form

Division of Solid and Hazardous Waste

Terry Montgomery: 801-536-0228 | DSHW Information Request Form

Division of Water Quality

Jenny Nicholas: 801-536-4316 | DWQ Information Request Form


If you are unsure where to start, or the request involves multiple programs, start here:

GRAMA Information Request Form or Interactive Map

A hard copy of the RCRA List for Utah (Single Line Handler Report) is available for $7.50, or you can download a free copy. You may also access this list via the Environmental Protection Agency's Biennial Reporting System (BRS).

Helpful Hints

Viewing Records

Copying Costs


Sensitive Information and Disclaimer

Facility location data, source protection zones, water system inventory information, and/or monitoring schedules, among others, are considered sensitive for security purposes. Any government agency that releases any part of this information is required to follow the procedures set forth in the Utah Government Records Access and Management Act (Title 63, Chapter 2 of the Utah Code).

The Department of Environmental Quality, as well as its Divisions, strive to maintain and provide accurate and complete data; however, the Department provides no warranty nor accepts any responsibility or liability for inaccurate or incomplete data.

Government Records Access and Management Act (GRAMA)

The Government Records Access and Management Act (GRAMA) is a comprehensive law dealing with management of government records and access to those records. it is an attempt to balance the public's constitutional right of access to information concerning the conduct of the public's business, the individual's constitutional right of privacy in relation to personal data gathered by government entities, and the public policy interest in allowing government to restrict access to certain records for the public good.


Contact Laurie Leib (801-536-4440).